Sunday 20 June 2010

The Challenge

Seems like every online poker player these days has some kind of challenge going on, usually going from $0 to several millions in a pre-determined amount of time or whatever. Personally I'm a much more humble kind of player and I figured that in my case, a concrete challenge would help me focus my online game. I've been all over the place, playing from MTTs to all kinds of SNGs with no really bankroll management for quite some time and that kinda sucks.

However, playing a little bit of everything seems to have shown which games I'm stronger in and I have no doubt that my best game right now is the $3.25 6-Max Turbo SnG over at PokerStars. So here's the plan:
  • I will exclusively play $3.25 6-max turbo sit'n'go for an undetermined amount of time, starting now.
  • I will start with a rather meagre $30.42 bankroll and try to work my way up from there. I'm perfectly aware that I'm underrolled for this buy-in so I run the risk of going bankrupt quite easily. But that just spices the challenge up.
  • I will try to move up levels, that is to say buy-ins in this kind of SnG. For the first three levels ($3.25, $6.50 and $13) I will move up whenever I get to 20 buy-ins. 40 buy-ins would be safer and is generally recommended by most bankroll management guides I've found, but I've already had the experience of playing $6.50 for a while and the field isn't really any different from $3.25 and I imagine from $13, with slight improvements in overall quality of the players. If I get to $13, then I will bump the margin up to 30 buy-ins.
  • I will force myself to move down a level if a downswing brings me back to 10 buy-ins or less for the current level I'm at. Call it bankruptcy protection.
And that's it. I will post progress here from now on. I'll be playing exclusively one table at a time and will try hard to be absolutely focused on each sit so as to maximize my win rate.

GG!

No comments:

Post a Comment