Monday 8 November 2010

Back to Cash Games (For a While?)

There's just no way I can go on playing those double up sit'n'goes. Entirely too mechanic and their variance is a bitch I not always feel like dealing with. So I keep hopping around from game to game and eventually may have found that online cash games are for now the place to be in.

Been playing ~8 tables of NL10 over at iPoker for a couple of sessions, slightly below 3k hands, up almost 3 BIs with rakeback, 1.5 BIs without. 3k hands is such a small sample that I won't even begin to sketch any conclusions. In order to keep me focused - or at least try to - I'm starting a new challenge, a simple one at that. I want to arrive at 750k hands while trying the utmost to play my A-game. Then I'll stop and analyze my game, my stats, the spots where I'm leaking and all that jazz.

No other goals for now. I'll be playing live the 1,100 buy-in Main Event of the Solverde Season in December, it will be like 30k chips, one hour levels, so plently of poker to be played there. High hopes for that and will try to play my best. I've been trying to step up my tournament game recently, being a bit more aggressive, seeing more flops, calling more in position, re-raising opponents when I think the spot is right, so let's see how that works out in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment