Wednesday 20 October 2010

Shipaments (sic)

Well, I knew results would come somewhere down the line if I maintained the discipline and approached the game differently. However I'm surprised that a running hot phase would come so suddenly. After cashing in the Sunday live tournament I usually play in, last night I shipped another live similar to the one I play on Fridays. No bad beats taken or received but I was indeed lucky to win every race I needed to win. I don't remember one where I wasn't ahead, though, so I really was never upsetting probabilities or anything. Therefore I am happy with the way I played and double happy to have been able to add another tournament victory to my resume.

In terms of how I played, I'm pretty much happy with the way I did it. Only regrets may have been a couple of plays where again I should have trust my reads and should have pushed over the top winning a lot of chips in the process due to having huge fold equity in those spots. I guess I'm still short of having the heart of a really good player, but that's something that will have to change soon. On the other hand, I'm not really sure how those spots should have been played in terms of ICM... maybe those were good folds, anyway. :)

Now reflecting hard whether or not I should play the Estoril Poker Open at the end of the month. Registration seems to end today so I better make a decision soon. I really want to play this one badly, but it's obviously stupid in terms of bankroll. Some backers would be nice, but it's tough to find those for such a tournament. We'll see what I'll decide a bit later on.

Also had a great day online yesterday, hitting a hot streak and cashing in a lot of double up sits. Earlier today the blue line (you know, the one including rakeback in HEM) actually hit positive terrain again but slipped again right afterwards because I lost one on the bubble with A8hh versus 88. Guy just completed on the SB and on these sits this usually means weakness. Given our stacks I thought I could make him fold if I shoved and still have some showdown value if not but alas he calls with 88 and GG me.

Will try to put on some volume later today, hopefully some more 10 or 15 sits. Let's see how it goes, as the challenge is simply to maintain my current level of play...

No comments:

Post a Comment