Friday 15 October 2010

Live SnG Tonight

So went out tonight to play my usual friday night live tournament, €10 buy-in with a rebuy or add-on of the same amount. We were like 11 or 12 this time and things started out well for me. First hand, blinds 25/50, I get AdQd, raise to 225, receiving two calls, one from a guy I never played against. Flop comes A46r with one diamond, one check, I bet 625 or so, both call. Turn is another diamond, giving me top pair, second best kicker and the nut flush draw. Again a check, I bet again, both call and beautifully another diamond hits on the river, giving me the stone cold nuts. First player - the one I didn't know - instashoves and I obviously instacall (the other guy folded) and I win with the nut flush against the second-best K-high flush. Unfortunate for the guy, but that should teach him not to call big pre-flop raises out of the position with K3, suited or otherwise.

Then I pretty much kept my stack only chipping up a little bit more with JJ, loose-aggro donkey raises, I 3bet enough to commit him, he goes all-in over the top, I call. He tables 55, the board doesn't change a thing and I enlarge my stack a bit more.

Alas, I had to bluff off like two-thirds of my stack on a beautiful floating bluff, which unfortunately was made against the wrong guy. After calling the flop, leading the turn after his check and then again making what I hoped would seem like a nice value bet on the river, he calls me with ace high and I'm left speechless. He says he knew I had nothing. I tell him I'd certainly use the exact same line with the nuts but that's like talking to a door with these people... well done, another soul read and either I should have thought a bit harder about who I was up against before floating that flop or I should have just gone all-in on the turn or river. He'd probably fold then. Gotta be more ballsy next time or just bail out entirely.

So I got reduced to less than 15 BBs, shoved a couple of times, no calls, until I shoved a third time after two limps with 44. Got called by the same guy with A9o, nice flop and all but an A had to come on the turn and my gutshot didn't hit on the river, so GG me.

Overall I'm happy with the way I played and could still go far in this tourney if this 44 coinflip went my way. It didn't and I can't complain as I'm not really sure that float bluff was a good thing to do in that spot. Ah well.

Next Sunday there's more live poker, with my regular Sunday night live tournament. Hope to play well in that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment