Friday 16 July 2010

NL10 Day #1 - Part II

OK, let's just completely forget the live tournament I was talking about. It was just one of those usual home games where all of a sudden a lot of different people show up whom you never saw before in your life, whom after 10 minutes you can immediately tell they know shit about poker but who are on a HUGE hot run. Impossible to play against, unless you keep folding until you're 10BB and then shoving with any ace. Just not in the mood tonight, so even though I reach the final table, tried to steal the blinds with 84s and was caught with my hand in the cookie jar. Whatever, I really felt like going home anyway. It's wrong and I know I should adapt to any circumstances and any tables I may find.

Anyway, back home earlier than expected so decided to try another NL10 session at PokerStars. This time played for half an hour and it was again a positive session, this time thanks to a really lucky hand just before the session ended. Earlier on I had gotten in a couple of bad spots, once thanks to a bad read where my opponent had a set and I thought my top pair was good enough and another where I lost most of my chips to a higher flush. Tough to get away from those... then right when the session was drawing to a close, almost doubled up with QQ vs KK, a hand in which I 4-bet all-in before the flop, was on a flush draw after the turn and ended up rivering a Q. I had been losing almost $8, was able to slowly grind my way back to losing only $2 and this hand turned things around for good. Here's the stats for this second NL10 session:

Minutes Played: 87.1
Hands: 304
Winnings: EUR 4.37
VPIP/PFR/AF/3Bet%: 25.7/15.8/4.60/3.0

I think these are good solid stats for now, maybe the 3-bet % should be higher, provided I find the right spots. Something to tinker with in the next sessions. Here's how the graph is shaping up and you can see how up and down this session came out to be:

No comments:

Post a Comment