Friday 16 July 2010

NL10 Day #1

As promised, I'll be posting incremental results from my cash game NL10 sessions, along with a few hand analysis, if need be. Today is the first day and along with the small sample presented in the last post, I kicked things into gear officially by playing exactly one hour of NL10 at PokerStars, with these session data:

Minutes Played: 60.4
Hands: 203
Winnings: EUR 8.49
VPIP/PFR/AF: 20.6/14.3/18.00


Obviously a good starting session, putting total profits so far at EUR 11.43, little over one BI (buy-in). I always seem to run good in everything's first session, problem comes later...

There was this one hand I'd like to dissect for a bit:


No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

CO ($8.13)
Button ($10)
SB ($15.64)
BB ($10.19)
UTG ($10.90)
Hero (MP) ($17.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, 10

1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB bets $0.45, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.10) 6, 6, 2 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.10) 9 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.10) 9 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $1.10

Villain is 21/21 over 40 hands (sample too small, surely) and I was basically playing this hand to try and hit a spade flush and limp-calling was only justified by having position post-flop. The flop was both good and bad, as it brought the flush draw I was seeking but those sixes could mean disaster. The SB checked and rather than risking a check-raise I decided to check behind, as I could probably get some value on later streets. When the SB checked again on the turn, I took it at as a sign of weakness and incorrectly check it behind again. Should have bet here, both for value and to protect my hand against a possible higher flush on the river. Then the river again doubled the board and it got really dangerous. It's true the SB never showed strength but then again, on a hand I misplayed almost from the beginning I rather win a bit, than risk losing more than I should to a possible full house. I checked again and took the pot, as the villain was holding AT. Turns out I would hardly get any more value for my hand, anyway...

Going to play a $10 buy-in 2-table live tournament tonight, will probably post a couple of hands here when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment